Monday, October 12, 2009

HOME AWAY FROM HOME


The welcome mat is out! Come on over for a visit and I'll show you around our rented home in Quissac. This is our street and I'm standing at the front door.

What beautiful old stone. The walls are about 18" thick to keep things warm in winter and cool in summer.

Notice the hook at the very top of the house, above the shuttered windows. This is used to carry furniture up and down on moving day.

This is the living room with a partial view of the dining table.

Isn't this a grand old piece of furniture? The hutch is in the living room, right next to the hallway leading to the kitchen.

This was our little kitchen. Small, but very functional.

The other corner of the kitchen. The door leads out to the courtyard where we enjoyed many morning coffees and croissants.

The courtyard.

Far be it for me to call myself a green thumb, but I kept this geranium alive. Perhaps I had a wee bit of help from the other gardeners in the family....


The Catholic Church next door. I would hear the church bells, get up, brush my teeth, get dressed and be in church before mass started! The bells would ring 15 minutes before mass, so it was perfect timing!

The bridge overlooking the Vidourle River.
The geese on the Vidourle. We fed them our day-old baguettes regularly.

A street in Quissac.
A grand old tree next to the river. See the sign that says "Le Vidourle"?
Signs along the way.



We took this turn many times as we wended our way out of town towards a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment